Introduction

Hi, my name is Kelly Rappé and I am journeying to the center on the earth.
Just kidding, I am going to Accra, Ghana to study abroad. I currently go to Hendrix College with an early childhood education major and a history minor.
My passions are sports (specifically Field Hockey and Track in college), traveling, reading, and discovering.
I am a Fort Collins, Colorado native and have enjoyed my time in the south thoroughly the past several years.
One of my best friends always says, "She's never afraid of going on another adventure."
Please check by biweekly to see how my experience abroad in Africa is.
I have only been abroad to Cuba, Canada, and Mexico, so this shall be a life changing experience.
I plan on reflecting, writing, posting pictures, and babbling about what is going on up in my noggin'. <3

Here is the clip for "A Whole New World"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kl4hJ4j48s
Kelly

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Beyond the Mysterious Beyond

When I was very little my brother and I used to watch The Land Before Time and there is a song "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond", which I feel is very fitting for my adventure to Accra, Ghana.

I am currently packing, planning, and reading about Ghana (in great detail).
I am not sure what this journey will bring, but I can't wait to see what is Beyond the Mysterious Beyond.

Also, I feel the title of my blog is fitting because it is a whole new world for me to explore.

Before I left Hendrix, from the grueling finals, I asked many Rwanda students what their impressions are of Ghana and any similarities they could prepare me for. I know now that I will have a very plain diet of beans, rice, potatoes, plantains, and bits of other new fruits. I also found out that my left hand should not be used for anything and not saying hi to people when I pass is impolite. I can't wait to test what I know and discover more about the culture and what culture shock is like.

:D
You Tube Video of "Beyond a Mysterious Beyond" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kso7pn67sGg

No comments:

Post a Comment