Introduction

Hi, my name is Kelly Rappé and I am journeying to the center on the earth.
Just kidding, I am going to Accra, Ghana to study abroad. I currently go to Hendrix College with an early childhood education major and a history minor.
My passions are sports (specifically Field Hockey and Track in college), traveling, reading, and discovering.
I am a Fort Collins, Colorado native and have enjoyed my time in the south thoroughly the past several years.
One of my best friends always says, "She's never afraid of going on another adventure."
Please check by biweekly to see how my experience abroad in Africa is.
I have only been abroad to Cuba, Canada, and Mexico, so this shall be a life changing experience.
I plan on reflecting, writing, posting pictures, and babbling about what is going on up in my noggin'. <3

Here is the clip for "A Whole New World"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kl4hJ4j48s
Kelly

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Just a regular day IN GHANA

Tuesday Jan. 31 FIRST LECTURE…NO SHOW

I dragged myself out of bed at 6am to make oatmeal before a 7:30am lecture…THAT WAS HARD! BUT OF COURSE THE PROFESSOR DID NOT SHOW UP…TIA (THIS IS AFRICA). And then we spent an hour in the classroom talking to two Ghanaians in our (Katie and I’s) Geography class. The walked us practically back to ISH which was really refreshing!

After this no show class…I did some more laundry—sheets are a CAHLLENG! And Miss Katie attempted laundry for the first time! ☺

After I washed my sheets and pillowcases I went to the post office and bookstore with Audra, another ISEP student. I am trying to slowly familiarize myself with the layout of the school. It is more challenging than I thought it was going to be. I was able to mail two letters and get a bunch of post cards.

After that I was walking back and A HUGE RAIN STORM CAME. I had my computer in my backpack so I was forced to stand under a tree for 30 minutes as it proceeded to rain. Luckily only a couple papers got wet and I was able to trudge through the mud to ISH. It literally started to rain from nothing. It seemed to be very similar to the weather in the Colorado mountains.

After I made it out alive from the storm, Audra, Turner, and I went to talk to the athletic coaches. Audra is going to play volleyball and Turner and I want to run for the track team. The runs will start next week with A START OF 5:30 OMGOODNESS! Sooooo early! I will try it and see what happens. BECAUSE IF I DO WELL I COULD GET A FREEEEEE TRIP TO NIGERIA TO RUN FOR U OF G!!!!!

After this short trip to the athletic center, almost all the girls in ISEP (including me) journeyed to this place called Bonjour, where we got a TWO FOR ONE PIZZA DEAL. This happens EVERY Tuesday and I think I will be a regular because it was only 3 CD a person…SOOO WORTH IT FOR A YUMMY DINNER!!!!


After we got back from this mile walk Avery, another ISEP student TREATED US TO SOME CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THIS LADY THAT MAKES CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!! Avery has an internship that on the way back she swings by and can get these delicious treats. There are these amazing coconut balls, peanut brittle twists, and caramels. She makes all of them from scratch and they are LITERALLY the BEST candy I HAVE EVER HAD!

After that I fell FAST ASLEEP FROM an eventful day. I do have a cold, I think from some bacteria…which is problem-some…but hopefully I will get better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment