Introduction

Hi, my name is Kelly Rappé and I am journeying to the center on the earth.
Just kidding, I am going to Accra, Ghana to study abroad. I currently go to Hendrix College with an early childhood education major and a history minor.
My passions are sports (specifically Field Hockey and Track in college), traveling, reading, and discovering.
I am a Fort Collins, Colorado native and have enjoyed my time in the south thoroughly the past several years.
One of my best friends always says, "She's never afraid of going on another adventure."
Please check by biweekly to see how my experience abroad in Africa is.
I have only been abroad to Cuba, Canada, and Mexico, so this shall be a life changing experience.
I plan on reflecting, writing, posting pictures, and babbling about what is going on up in my noggin'. <3

Here is the clip for "A Whole New World"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kl4hJ4j48s
Kelly

Monday, February 13, 2012

THIS IS WHERE I BELONG

This is Where I belong: this reminds me of the Movie Spirit (yes the cartoon horse movie) where the horse know’s his place. I think I have found my calling. These children at Mawuvio’s ARE AMAZING. I LOVE EVER SINGLE ONE OF THEM. The way they accept me and want to get to know who I am reminds me of why I want to become a teacher. They are so pure and bliss of many of the evils…even if these poor children are enduring EXTREMELY horrible lives. Their smiles, as one volunteer (who is also a sprinter and mind you is GOING TO THIS NEXT OLYMPICS) noticed, are beautiful but extremely different, showing the variety of diversity each child possesses. I want to drop everything, more than ever, and teach these children for the rest of their lives (good thing my major in early childhood education hahahaha).

I plan on going to see these kiddos three times a week. Full days on Mondays (8:30am-4:00pm), Almost full days on Tuesdays (10:00am-4pm), and full days on Fridays (8:30a,-4:00pm). I didn’t end up going on Feb. 13th because I discovered…after you go on a weekend trip somewhere…an you haven’t done laundry for OVER a week…you kinda need to do some laundry. I can’t wait to read to these children and just become a mentor for them…someone that will show them the light and let them know that I truly believe in each one of them.

I can’t wait for more stories about these precious children and I am asking Sheryl Burt, the other early ed. Major at Hendrix, to do a fundraiser for these precious kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment